I watched fireworks on New years Eve. And I got a computer for Christmas. Last week we took all of the ornaments off the Christmas tree. Then my dad threw the Christmas tree out of the window! Then I threw balloons out the window. Sunday I got a train set from my dad's cousin for my birthday. Tuesday we started back home school. We also went to a restaurant. We got to walk there. We also went to the forest and we hopped over the creek even though my Oma said "nein!" (no!).
Evan's blog blob:
My brother's birthday was Sunday and my brother got lots of presents. And cake. And for new years I saw lots of fireworks. And I got a sled for Christmas. We started Homeschool Tuesday. And dad threw the Christmas tree out the window. We had popcorn for snack. Then I walked to a fancy Restaurant. And my sister drove. We went into the forest and my dad jumped over the creek and I held onto roots to get across and my sister and Oma walked around it.
Stella:
I started homeschool and I like it. I like to eat Brezen (pretzels). I like them with butter. I wish they made Brezen like this in Auburn. I miss my friends in Auburn so much and I love you. My mom made a dinosaur picture for me and I colored it.
--Mom's notes: It's true...Hayden, Evan, and Stella's dad threw the tree out of the window!! It was the easiest way to keep the pine needles from shedding all over the carpet and the stairwell ;-). So he threw it right out of our living room window, and then went to the yard and brought it around to the front of the house, loaded it up, and drove it away. You have to dispose of your own tree here...no curbside pickup.
| Playing in the snow! |
| Too big to throw! |
| Dodging snowballs |
| Making a wish and blowing hard |
| Celebrating with cousins and opening presents |
| Cutting the cake that the kids helped decorate |
| ...and waiting for the cake |
| Waiting.... |
| And more presents! |
And on to Nuernberg (about a 40 minute drive from Ansbach). The weather was perfect, so we took an afternoon trip...
| Faber-Castell Factory (we hope to tour this on a rainy day while we're here...the weather was too pretty today to be inside;-) |
| Nuernberg City Wall and Tower (Stadtmauer und Turm) |
| In front of the "golden" fountain |
| at the base of the Nuernberg Fortress |
| Climbing on the Sandstone (from which the fortress was made) |
| Watchtower |
| Views from the top of the Fortress |
| From the base |
| Water Break! (it was quite a walk for little legs;-) |
| Albrecht Duerer Haus (artist most famous the praying hands) |
No comments:
Post a Comment